I thought the frozen peanut butter bars were addictive but these are a whole new level. They taste so much like coconut ice cream bars (specifically the Dove ones). They have a soft chocolate outside with a cold but creamy inside. They are sweet and divine. They are also easy (although quite messy) to make. They are a prefect vegan Valentine’s Day treat! I got the originally recipe from another vegan blog and didn’t believe it would really work out. I made some adjustments to the original recipe and I was very happy with my end result.
1. Mix the inside filling ingredients in the food processor until blended. Add the coconut milk last until the consistency is such that you can roll the coconut into balls but you do not have excess liquid.
2. Roll the coconut drops in your hand and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Freeze the drops for 15 minutes.
4. Melt vegan butter in a pot and add chocolate. Melt slowly so the chocolate temperature never rises too high.
5. Place this to the side to cool.
6. Chop almonds in the food processor until ground.
7. Add shredded coconut, coco powder, and sugar. Mixed until combined.
8. Mix in melted (and cooled) chocolate.
9. Add coconut milk until you have a creamy consistency to cover your coconut drops with.
10. Take the coconut drops out of the freezer and roll them in the chocolate (this was really messy!)
11. Place the drops back in the freezer for ½ hour.
12. Take out as many drops as you would like to eat and put them on a place for about 5 minutes.
13. Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!
Note: I am storing the rest in the freezer for new. When I take them out, I will give them 8-10minutes to thaw.