This is one of the fastest and easiest vegan meals. We had a busy day on Sunday and quickly threw this together. With a salad, it makes a filling and healthy meal. It is actually a great post-run meal, which is how we enjoyed it on Sunday!
1 prepared whole wheat dough (we get ours at Trader Joe’s or the Park Slope Food Co-op)
1tsp olive oil
1/2 can of organic red spaghetti sauce
2 cloves garlic
1/2 package of Diaya mozzarella vegan cheese
A handful of fresh basil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit
2. Let the dough sit out in order for it to rise a little.
3. While the dough is rising, chop 1 shallot and saute it on medium-high heath until it begins to brown.
4. Place some oil on your cookie sheet so that the pizza doesn’t stick.
5. Stretch out your pizza dough so that it will fit on your cookie sheet.
6. Place the pizza dough on the cookie sheet.
7. Add the sauce and evenly distribute.
8. Mince 2 cloves of garlic and evenly distribute onto the sauce.
9. Sprinkle with the vegan cheese.
10. Add the basil.
11. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until when you lift the dough with a spatula it is firm and slightly brown.
Enjoy! I will post my home-made pizza dough recipe soon. That is a little more time consuming and better for the winter months when I am inside more.