This Asian Noodle Stir Fry is one of our new favorite dishes. It has lots of flavor and always leaves us wanting more! We make a few variations of this recipe, mainly depending on what is in the house and who is cooking dinner. Rich added a whole grated carrot to the top of each dish the other day and it was really good!
1. Cooke the udon noodles according to the directions on the package.
2. While the udon noodles are cooking, place the olive oil in a large pan on medium high heat.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the shallots are slightly brown.
4. While the onions are cooking, steam the broccoli in another pot. This should take about 3 minutes once the water has boiled. I find that steamed broccoli is better in this dish and requires less oil to cook. When it is done, set aside.
5. Add the chopped red pepper and chopped mushrooms to the large pan with the onions.
6. After about 5 minutes add the corn and bok choy. Cooke for about 5 more minutes.
7. Bring the large pan to warm. Add the broccoli, stir, and place the lid on to keep warm.
7. In a mixing dish combine lemon juice, veggie broth, and chili sauce. Stir well.
8. Add the noodles to the mixing dish until well combined.
9. Place the noodles on a plate, top with the veggie mixture and the broccoli.
10. Serve warm.