Have you been searching for the perfect vegan treat for Mother’s Day tomorrow? These cookies were fantastic, beautiful, and easy to make. You probably have all of the ingredients in your house now!
This recipe was inspired by Martha Stewart.
2 cups of white flour
2 tablespoons finely ground Earl Grey tea leaves (about 6 Twining’s bags)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup of Earth Balance (at room temperature)
3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of lemon rind grated
1. Whisk flour, salt, and tea in a small bowl.
2. Place the Earth Balance, sugar, zest, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes. Make sure everything is well-combinded.
4. Add the flour mixture in three parts, until the batters are combined.
5. Divide the dough in half and place each on a large piece of parchment paper.
6. Spread the dough out so both are in long thin pieces.
7. Roll the parchment about 1-1 1/2 inches in diameter. I flatten the sides before putting the dough in the freezer.
8. Let dough freeze for 1 about hour.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Cut logs into 1/4 inch slices. Line the cookie trays with parchment paper. Space 1 inch apart on the cookie tray.
11. Bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes until the edges start to turn gold.
12. Let cool before serving with some early gray tea!