I have a confession to make. I LOVE fall. Every year as summer comes to a close, I find myself longing for fresh apples, squash, and tall leather boots. I bought my first squash of the season the other day, today I ordered vegan pumpkin cheese cake from Cinnamon Girl, and, I know it is too soon, but I have made pumpkin muffins (twice) already.
I am really excited about this recipe because it uses less oil than some other recipes I have tried. It is also bursting with fall flavors. It is also very quick and easy.
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 medium or 18 small muffins
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/4 cup soy milk
1 can of pumpkin (pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of raisins
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds for topping
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a muffin tin or add muffin papers.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Mix the wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
6. Fold in the raisins.
7. Place the muffin mixture in the muffin tins (I filled each cup about 3/4 of the way full).
8. Bake at 375 for about 35-40minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
9. Let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy warm or cool!
What are your favorite fall recipes that you would like to see made vegan?