We went to the food co-op last night and their were many fall additions that weren’t there on my last trip. Kabocha squash, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and canned pumpkin. I excitedly bought 6 cans of pumpkin after a BYOB dinner and, despite Rich’s attempts, I could not be convinced to put any back.
I found a great base recipe on Two Peas and Their Pod – a great website with lots of vegan recipes. I tweaked it slightly, using only maple syrup to sweeten the granola. The end result was crunchy, full of fall flavors, and hearty. I only wish I doubled the recipe!
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Add all the wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix in the additional ingredients.
5. Divide the mixture in half, placing each on a greased baking sheet (you can also use parchment paper).
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the granola starts to slightly brown.
We enjoyed the granola with milk, I think it would also be great on smoothies!