To me, Valentine’s Day says chocolate and my Chocolate Coconut Love Drops are a perfect vegan treat for the day!
This is actually one of my older recipes. When I look at some of the pictures I was willing to put on my blog, I get embarrassed! I decided to re-do this posting after Rich requested that I make them again this year.
The original recipe was inspired by another chocolate coconut vegan dessert recipe I found. These are a bit of work, but well worth it for the end result!
The Chocolate Coconut Love Drops are a lot like coconut ice cream covered in chocolate. After you make them, let them sit out for about 8 minutes to soften before eating them. If you don’t, the flavor will be less pronounced.
I love to enjoy these Love Drops with a cup of tea. The outside is chocolaty and smooth. The inside is silky and sweet. It is hard to stop after just one!
- For the Inside Filling
- 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon coconut milk
- For the Chocolate Outside
- 1/3 cup almonds ground
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coco powder
- 2 teaspoon cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1. Mix the inside filling ingredients in the food processor until blended. Add the coconut milk last, until the consistency is such that you can roll the coconut into balls but you do not have excess liquid.
- 2. Roll the coconut drops in your hand and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, cupcake papers, or greased with coconut oil.
- 3. Freeze the drops for 15 minutes.
- 4. Melt vegan butter in a pot and add chocolate. Melt slowly so the chocolate temperature never rises too high.
- 5. Place this to the side to cool.
- 6. Chop almonds in the food processor until ground.
- 7. Add shredded coconut, coco powder, and sugar. Mixed until combined.
- 8. Mix in melted (and cooled) chocolate.
- 9. Add coconut milk until you have a creamy consistency to cover your coconut drops with.
- 10. Take the coconut drops out of the freezer and roll them in the chocolate (this was really messy!)
- 11. Place the drops back in the freezer for ½ hour.
- 12. Take out as many drops as you would like to eat and put them on a place for about 5 minutes.
- 13. Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!
- When you take the Love Drops out of the fridge, give them 8-10minutes to thaw.