It was a rainy weekend in Brooklyn, perfect for cooking, relaxing, and reading! I made some fun new recipes. I experimented with an asparagus soup, vegan banana bread, and a spicy vegan potato salad!
There was a new product at the Park Slope Food Co-op this weekend – Chipotle Veganaise! I knew right away what I would do with it, spicy potato salad!
My mom makes an awesome potato salad with pickles and mustard. That inspired me to make this one.
The recipe was really easy. It was also hearty and colorful. The chipotle mayo gave the salad a good spicy kick. The relish added a sweetness and the lemon and little zing! It would be a great dish to bring to a vegan picnic! It is also a great lunch idea. I’ve already packed my lunches for the next 2 days.
- 8 russet potatoes
- 6 radishes
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 8 stalks celery
- 1 medium onion
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup chipotle veganaise
- 1/3 cup relish
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Peel potatoes and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- When the water boils, add the potatoes and let the water continue to boil for 8-10 minutes until potatoes or soft.
- Wash and chop the radishes, celery, parsley, and onion and place in a large bowl.
- When the potatoes are done, drain the water and rinse the potatoes in cold water. Let cool.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the lemon juice, veganaise, relish, water, spices and mix well.
- Add the potatoes to the large bowl with the other veggies. Pour the sauce from the smaller bowl over the ingredients in the larger bowl and mix well. Chill and serve cold.
- If you like it spicier, add a little more chipotle veganaise!
Even though it is rainy inside, there is a fun party going on online. Check out my posts as well as many more awesome posts at My Little Home’s Link Party!